Austin ISD Community,
Thank you for everything you do throughout the year to support AISD and our 130 school communities.
As the new year approaches, we look forward to working with you to shape our #AISDFuture by updating our Facility Master Plan to modernize campuses during the next two decades.
Our community's feedback has helped refine our approach to modernization to include:
* State-of-the-art technology in all schools
* Flexible learning spaces in all schools and
* Community spaces. Community members on the trustee-appointed Facilities and Bond Planning Advisory Committee continue to examine the consultants’ preliminary options, which have been reviewed with every school’s leadership. They will review community comments and bring recommendations to the Board of Trustees.
As we continue to plan, shape and build our #AISDFuture, we need your input.
Join us at the next series of community engagement conversations to share your feedback about the FMP update and the options identified to date with FABPAC. The meetings are:
* Jan. 24 – 6 to 8 p.m. at McCallum High School
* Jan. 25 – 6 to 8 p.m. at Crockett High School
* Jan. 26 – 6 to 8 p.m. at Gus Garcia Young Men’s Leadership Academy
* Jan. 31 – 6 to 8 p.m. at Martin Middle School
* Feb. 1 – 6 to 8 p.m. at Burnet Middle School
* Feb. 2 – 6 to 8 p.m. at Gorzycki Middle School
Food and refreshments will be provided. Interpretation services will be available upon request. To request modifications or interpretation services, please call 512-414-9595 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
AISD will offer childcare with Maker Kids Lab, a district partner that offers fun projects that inspire kids to explore their interests in science, technology, engineering, art and mathematics. Arrive early as there will be limited space for children to participate in the small group activity.
To learn more about the FMP process, visit AISD’s website (English and Spanish) and watch and share the FMP video (English and Spanish).
We look forward to hearing from you. Please contact us at email@example.com or 512-414-9595.
Chief Financial Officer