James Bowie High School Invites all incoming 9th grade students & parents to their class of 2023 Showcase & Orientation. Monday, February 4th from 6:00pm --8:00pm. Please see attached flyer for more information.
Join us and tour the campus, meet with teachers, coaches, and counselors, preview elective course offerings and enjoy student performances and art exhibits. See flyer for more information
Click the link for a PowerPoint slideshow that tells you why there is Only One Gorzycki!
March 20, 2018
Dear Gorzycki Families,
Family involvement at GMS is important and a huge part of the culture. However, after reflecting on the safety protocols at Gorzycki, there are a few procedures that need to be added to increase campus safety. The following procedures will be made effective starting on Monday, March 26th, 2018.
1. When visiting a student on campus, the visitor must be on the student's registration form. This will be a new procedure for lunch. For lunch, visitors must be on the student's registration form and eat in the commons with only that student. For efficiency, parents may make a reservation by sending a note in the morning with their child stating that they will be on campus for lunch. Students can submit the note before school (like when students leave during the day) and the office will check status.
2. During the school day, visitors are only allowed through the front doors in order to check in at the office before entering areas with students.
3. The visitor’s badge given to you by the office staff when you check-in must be worn on your shirt and must be easily visible for the entirety of your visit. Badges will identify specific locations for visitors. Visitors must remain in the area specified. Visitors without badges or that are in the wrong area will be escorted to office. Please remember to sign out in the office before leaving Gorzycki.
4. When on campus, do not open any outside doors for another person.
5. Visitors need to park in parking lots and not in fire lanes.
I realize that these are new procedures to practices that have been in place at Gorzycki for many years. However, the safety of your children is a priority and these protocols add another layer of protection. Visitors not following these safety procedures will be asked to leave the campus and might be prevented from future visits.
I appreciate your support and help in providing a safe campus for our students.
Cathryn Mitchell, Ph.D
Diane Gorzycki Middle School Principal
In order to ensure a smooth and safe school year at Gorzycki, we ask that you observe the following protocols for arrival and dismissal procedures:
Want to know what bus your child will ride to and from school? Click on the link and find out now.
Vision & Hearing (All new students to AISD)---Times TBD
Location: GMS Library
Date: 11/12/2018, 3:45 PM – 4:45 PM
Location: Gorzycki Middle School (7412 W Slaughter Ln, Austin, TX, United States)
Disney Dance Practice Tigerettes
Date: 11/12/2018, 3:45 PM – 5 PM
Location: GMS Cafeteria
Date: 11/12/2018, 4 PM – 6 PM
Location: GMS Cafeteria
GMS Spirit Night!
Date: 11/12/2018, 5 PM – 9 PM
Location: Satellite Bistro & Bar (5900 W Slaughter Ln Ste 400, Austin, TX 78749, United States)
|Show Calendar »|
|Show All Events »|