PE - 7th/8th Grade (Period 4th)
Remote Learning Updates:
In an effort to Maintain your fitness and progress from this year please attempt to exercise and move for 45-60 minutes per day. You may access weekly at home workouts starting the week of April 6th on your class blend page:
Please feel free to email me with any questions or if there is anything that we can do to help.
I will be checking and replying to emails regularly and will be available during daily office hours from 9-11am Monday - Friday
8th Grade Physical Education
Goals, Guidelines, and Procedures
The purpose of the Gorzycki M.S. Physical Education Department is to provide all students with the knowledge, skills, and desire to live a healthy and physically active life. We strive to provide a safe and successful learning environment where all students feel comfortable participating.
Sports Units: Health Concepts:
- Badminton - Body Image and Self-Esteem
- Strength Training - Healthy Eating and Hydration
- Basketball - Unhealthy Substances
- Golf - Hygiene
- Team Handball - Stress Management
- Volleyball - Sleep
- Mental Health
- Follow rules and keep accurate scores - Accept decisions made by game officials
- Establish rules and procedures for safe play - Modify games and activities
- Interact, cooperate, and respect others - Acknowledge successes and encourage
- Following Directions - Best Effort
- Sportsmanlike Behavior - Positive Attitude
25% Prepared for Class
- Securing Personal Items - 100% Dressed Out
- In Assigned Area On Time
15% Evaluations and Assignments
- Quizzes - Homework
- Journals - Projects
- Class Work - Semester Post Tests
- Every student is required to wear the Gorzycki P.E. shirt and any black athletic shorts or athletic pants. Tennis shoes are also required, and unsafe jewelry should be removed
- P.E. items can be purchased from the Tiger Mart. The cost is $10.00 for the t-shirt and $10.00 for shorts.
Locks and Lockers:
- All students will be assigned an individual lock and locker for their belongings.
- Students cannot share lockers and should not share their combination with others.
- There will be a $5 charge for lost locks.
- Students are responsible for securing their items. The Gorzycki P.E. Department and Gorzycki Middle School will not be responsible for lost or stolen items.
- All students must be in the locker room before the tardy bell rings.
- Students must secure their items, dress out, and be seated in their roll call spot within 5 minutes of the tardy bell.
- Students are expected to inform their coach of any illness/injuries and when medical attention is needed.
- If a student needs to be excused due to illness or injury, then he/she must have a written note from a parent/guardian. Non-participation for more than three consecutive days will require a note from the doctor. Provide a date(s) on the note to specify how long the student needs to be excused. Students will do an alternate assignment to stay involved.
Rules and procedures: Consequences:
- Respect others and yourself at all times. Verbal Warning(s)
- Follow directions. Parent Contact
- Take care of equipment and our facilities. Detention
- No gum on the courts, fields, or in the locker room. Office Referral
- Be responsible for your belongings and actions.
- No cell phones or other electronic devices in the locker room or during class.
- Be on time, dress out, and participate to your full ability.
- Use safety precautions at all times.
- Coach Gaines 841-8626 Coach Neary 841-8625 Coach Fourmy 841-8626
- Coach Kehoe 841-8624 Coach Moreno 841-8623