8th Graders - Join Us In Philadelphia!
We are so excited to offer this fun and educational trip to one of the birthplaces of American democracy! Spots are filling up fast, but there is still room for you to reserve a place.
We need you to sign up and make a deposit by October 3rd.
Here’s just a little of what you’ll experience on this once in a lifetime trip!
- Arrive in Philadelphia and begin exploring the city. Lunch is on your own at Reading Terminal Market (we’ll give you $10 to spend on some Pennsylvania Dutch delicacies!)
- See the Liberty Bell and learn about its history
- Visit the new museum of American History. Experience living history exhibits, a privateer and and an entire exhibit about Alexander Hamilton (you can even pose in a life-sized reconstruction of the Hamilton-Burr duel.
- Visit Independence Hall, where the Declaration of Independence was debated and created.
- Dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe with a visit from a “founding father” historical reenactor.
- We’ll visit the Eastern State Penitentiary and learn and learn about prison reform. It’s also a place that Al Capone was incarcerated.
- Run up the Rocky Steps and see the Rocky statue at the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
- We’ll visit the National Constitution Center and the National Liberty Center.
- We will take a dinner cruise on the Delaware River.
- We drive to Valley Forge where we’ll walk in Washington’s footsteps. We will see replica cabins of those where the Continental Army spent a miserable winter.
- We will drive to Gettysburg and spend time learning about this important battle at their visitor center.
- We will have dinner at a colonial tavern that serves colonial dishes. We will eat like early Americans!
- We will have a guided tour of the Gettysburg Battlefield
- We will have a visit from “Abraham Lincoln”
- We will stop at the Shiver House museum and learn what life was like during the Civil War for a civilian family
- We will head for the airport and return to Austin.
The trip also includes
- Daily breakfast at the hotel
- 4 lunches
- 4 dinners
- Security guards in the hotel each night
- Tour professional to make sure we don’t miss a thing
- Gratuities for the bus driver and tour leader
- The ability of Gorzycki teachers who know the kids and know the history to travel along.
We look forward to exploring Philadelphia with all of you!
Remember, spots are filling quickly and the deadline to make a deposit is October 3rd.
Here is how to register:
- Visit our website at: https://www.etadventures.com/
Click the green button in the top right hand corner "Log in to myETA"
Trip Code: gorzyckiphl20
- Click on the Red Button that says "Make a new reservation"
- Complete the information and continue to follow the instructions to complete your registration.
- Once you have completed your reservation, you will come to a page with tabs at the top, click on the "Passengers" tab.
- On the Passengers tab, click on the "Waiver Incomplete View/Edit" button.
- Completed all required information in the Waiver. You can log out and log back in to finish the waiver at a later date using the reservation information emailed to you.