Gorzycki Middle School Dress Guidelines For Students:
• Caps, hats, bandannas, and dark sunglasses are not to be worn inside the school.
• Undergarments are not to be worn as outer garments. Pajamas, lounge pants and house slippers are not to be worn to school.
• Clothing with holes, rips, tears, and/or intentional conspicuous patches above the knee are not allowed.
• Overly tight fitting or overly loose/sagging pants with loose waistband will not be allowed.
• All tops must be long enough to cover the midriff completely. Low-cut jeans that reveal the midriff are not permitted.
• Tube tops, halters, spaghetti strap tops, racer back tops, bare backs or clothing and tops with low-cut necklines are not permitted.
• Sleeveless shirts must be 3 inches across the top of the shoulder.
• Standing at ease, shorts, skirts, dresses and tops worn with leggings must be at least fingertip length.
• All clothing must be worn as it was designed to be worn. Any shoes deemed inappropriate or unsafe will not be permitted.
• Clothing, jewelry, medallions, patches, or designs on clothing should not reflect or suggest drugs, alcohol, tobacco, profanity, sex, or other distasteful language or gestures.
- School issued athletic sweat pants should not be worn outside of athletic events and activities.
• Writing/Logos or phrases printed across the seat of pants or shorts are not allowed. (PINK, JUICY, etc.)
• Gang related attire (colors, ornaments, symbols, tagging, etc.) is prohibited.
• Wallet chains or anything deemed disruptive or unsafe are prohibited.
Students who fail to follow these dress code guidelines will be asked to change into more appropriate attire. In some cases the school will provide a shirt and/or pants to a student, if a parent is not able to bring alternative clothes to school for the day. Disciplinary action may take place depending upon the nature of the violation or for continual or repeated disregard of the dress code