Gorzycki Middle School students will adhere to the AISD Dress Code Policy approved in 2004. The goal of these guidelines is to ensure a safe, respectful, and positive learning environment and to model good citizenship. All clothing should be appropriate to the student’s age, school setting, and weather conditions. Modesty will be the dominant feature in all clothing. Both students and parents share the responsibility for the student’s attire, however the campus administrator has the final authority concerning appropriateness of any item worn at school. This includes hairstyles, jewelry and other accessories.
The District provides a Middle School dress code for all AISD campuses, and students will be expected to comply with the District’s code. Exceptions may be made for students with IEPs.
Gorzycki Middle School Dress Guidelines for students:
· Hats, hoods, and head coverings are worn for weather protection or religious observances only.
· All undergarments are completely covered and not to be worn as outer garments.
· Torso, front and back, is completely covered.
· See through clothing is accompanied by an opaque undergarment.
· No strapless shirts
· Clothing, jewelry, medallions, patches, or designs on clothing should not reflect or suggest drugs, alcohol, tobacco, profanity, sex (including innuendos), or other distasteful language/gestures, or that create a hostile/intimidating environment.
· Anything deemed disruptive or unsafe are prohibited.
Students who fail to follow these dress code guidelines will be asked to change into more appropriate attire. In some cases, the school will provide a shirt and/or pants to a student, if a parent is not able to bring alternative clothes to school for the day.