Seasonal Flu Reminders
If you have flu like symptoms, please stay home and do not return to work and/or school until you are fever free for 24 hours without fever reducing medication. This may mean you are home for 5-7 days depending on the severity of the illness.
The symptoms of flu include:
- Fever of 100.0 or greater
- Runny nose
- Headache, Body aches
If you are taking care of someone with the flu or with influenza like illness, please practice good hygiene habits including:
- Frequent hand washing for 20 seconds with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, you may use a hand sanitizer.
- Get enough sleep.
- Eat a healthy balanced diet.
- Frequently clean commonly touched surfaces with a disinfectant used to kill flu virus. Such surfaces to clean include door knobs, handles, computer mouse, etc...
To prevent seasonal flu, the following are recommended:
- Practice good hand hygiene by washing your hands often with soap and water especially after coughing or sneezing, after using the restroom and before meals.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don't have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your elbow or shoulder; not into your hands.
- Get your family vaccinated for seasonal flu.