Welcome to Mrs. Young's Green Ag I Class
Investigating Careers in Green Agriculture
Investigating Careers In Green Agriculture is a semester long class designed to explore and encourage an interest in the various careers in the Agricultural Industry through classroom and laboratory experiences. Students are provided an opportunity to advance their agricultural skills through “Hands-On” projects and research.
- Stimulate interest and provide opportunities to gain background knowledge of and explore skills needed in such areas as agricultural research, forestry, natural resources, horticulture, and the plant and animal sciences.
- Develop agricultural and environmental literacy skills for all students for their benefit as consumers and citizens.
- Provide opportunities for students to develop the leadership and decision-making skills necessary to become contributing members of society.
- Provide students with opportunities that generate an interest in the further exploration of one or more careers in the Agricultural Industry the high school or college level.
Daily Grades (40%) - Daily grades are comprised of
participation in classroom and laboratory
settings, gardening and animal journals, daily
assignments, notebook checks and quizzes .
Major Grades (60%) - Major grades are comprised of all activities related to
the Supervised Agricultural Experience (SAE) ,
classroom presentations and AG Lab write-ups.
Green Ag Notebook
Students are required to have a one-inch, three ring binder. This notebook will remain in class and will be used on a daily basis.
The Green Ag Class will be doing a lot of gardening and animal science projects throughout the course. A 15$ material fee will be required.
- Green Ag I
- Green Ag II
- Investigating Careers In Green Agriculture I-Period 1
- Investigating Careers In Green Agriculture I-Period 2
- Investigating Careers In Green Agriculture I-Period 7
- Investigating Careers In Green Agriculture I-Period 8
- Investigating Careers In Green Agriculture II-Period 3
- Investigating Careers In Green Agriculture II-Period 4