Gorzycki Middle School Theatre
Dear Parents and Students,
I regret to inform you that we have decided to cancel the field trip for this Thursday to Gattitown and Bowie H.S. We have been overwhelmed with the unforeseen circumstance of having to completely clear out our storage room and move everything to a new location in order to make room for the new teachers at Gorzycki. We are happy to help out our campus, but the stress of moving everything on top of trying to organize all the drivers, permission forms and fees, while also preparing two shows has become too much for even us. We will be sending a full refund to everyone and hope that you will consider taking your student to see the Bowie H.S. Fall Shows on your own. All theatre students get in for free if they just let the box office know that they are a member of the GMS Tiger Pride Players. Thank you so much for your understanding and we apologize for any inconvenience.
Leslie Zimmerman and Michelle Huerta
Reminder to Musical Cast and Crew: Forms and Fitting Day Tomorrow (12/8)
6th graders: Only One Gorzycki Night- Monday Nov. 5
Back to School Night--TONIGHT!
Welcome Back Tigers!
- The Movie Makers students have created trailers about their summer vacations that we will screen next week.
- Theatre 1 students created and presented their "What Makes you Shine" stars and turned them into our own Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- Theatre 2 Contemplated the significance of theatre in their lives and created skits demonstrating audience ettiquette expectations in a "what NOT to do" format and they were quite entertaining.
- Theatre Arts Production (TAP) prepared, performed, recorded, and uploaded their audition monologues to the Google Classroom. Technicians that opted out of the monologue created slides presentations about their tech theatre area of interest.
- Technical Theatre created posters illustrating the "5 Keys to Teamwork Success" and began working on a slides presentation about one of the careers in Technical Theatre to present next week.
Thespian Induction Ceremony and Awards in Theatre (TICAT)
This year's new inductees have already received their official International Thespian Society invitations, but ALL theatre students are welcome and encouraged to attend this end of year celebration.